1. J. S. Bach — two contrasting movements or Chaconne from Sonatas and Partitas for solo violin, BWV1001-1006.
2. N. Paganini — one of the caprices of the performer`s choice.
I. Winners of international competitions belonging to EMCY (European Association of Music Competitions for Young Musicians) or WFIMC (World Federation of International Competitions) are allowed to participate without prior video selection. In this case, the application must be accompanied by documents confirming the title of winner of the EMCY or WFIMC.
II. Video requirements:
– High-quality (HD) video must be posted on www.youtube.com and made publicly available to announce the results of the selection round.
– Deleting a competitor’s video will automatically signify their removal from the competition.
– Music works can be recorded separately.
– The video should be shot on one still camera and show the performer life-size.
– Video with poor image and / or audio quality will be rejected.
(Program performance time should not exceed 30 minutes)
1. J. S. Bach — one of the following works:
– Adagio and Fugue from sonata G minor for solo violin, BWV1001,
– Grave and Fugue from sonata A minor for solo violin, BWV1003,
– Adagio and Fugue from sonata C major for solo violin, BWV1006,
– Chaconne from partita D minor for solo violin, BWV1004.
2. N. Paganini – one of the caprices of the performer’s choice.
3. E. Ysaye – sonata for violin solo No.3 or No.6, Ор.27.
(Program performance time should not exceed 40 minutes)
1. A compulsory work by a Ukrainian composer specially written for the competition (Duration 5 minutes)
2. One of the following sonatas for violin and piano (with all repeats).
– Sonata No1 in D major, Ор.12
– Sonata No.2 in A major, Ор.12
– Sonata No.3 in E-flat major, Ор.12
– Sonata No.4 in A minor, Ор.23
– Sonata No.5 in F major, Ор.24
– Sonata No.7 in C minor, Ор.30
– Sonata No.8 in G major, Ор.30
W. A. Mozart:
– Sonata in D major No.23, K.306/300l
– Sonata in F major No.24, K.376/374d
– Sonata in F major No.25, K.377/374e
– Sonata in B-flat major No.26, K.378/317d
– Sonata in E-flat major No.28, K.380/374f
– Sonata in A minor “Grand Duo”, D 574
3. A virtuoso work of the performer`s choice.
(Accompanied by the National Odesa Philharmonic Orchestra under the direction of Maestro Hobart Earle)
1. One of the following concerts for violin and orchestra:
– L. Beethoven – Concerto in D major, Op.61
– J. Brahms – Concerto in D major, Op.77
– P. Tchaikovsky – Concerto in D major, Op.35
– J. Sibelius – Concerto in D major, Op.47
– N. Paganini – Concerto in D major No.1, Op.6
I. The program specified for competitive audition may not be changed after 31 March 2020.
II. The notes of the obligatory work of the Ukrainian composer will be sent to all participants of the competition who have passed the qualifying round before April 12, 2020.
III. All works should be performed by heart, except for the compulsory work of the Ukrainian composer and sonatas in the round two.
IV. Recommended edition for the works of W. A. Mozart, L. Beethoven, F. Schubert and J. S. Bach – Bärenreiter.